Saturday, June 24, 2017

Foo Fighters Announce New LP: "Concrete and Gold"



It's been almost three years since Dave Grohl's passion project the Foo Fighters put out their most recent release: Sonic Highways. Now however, they are about to make a big return by putting out what they consider to be their heaviest, yet most harmonic record yet on September 15th titled: Concrete and Gold.

In a recent interview with BBC Radio 1's Annie Mac, Grohl opens up about the album in terms of what it sounds like, how he feels about it, and how there are some twists with it, saying:

“We’ve made the biggest sounding Foo Fighter record we’ve ever made. I’m not just saying that. I said to Greg, ‘I want to make a record that sounds like Motorhead doing Sgt. Pepper,’ and he was like, ‘OK.’

So we recorded an 11-song record with him and honestly, I think it’s going to take a lot of people by surprise. Every band says it’s the best record they’ve ever made, but it’s definitely the hugest thing we’ve ever done.

For six months, I’ve been trying to keep this a secret and I can’t wait for people to hear it because this is the first record I’ve ever been this proud to play for people.

We have bunch of guests we haven’t told anybody about. Some will really surprise you. There’s one who is probably the biggest pop star in the world – and I’m not kidding. They sing back up on one of the heaviest songs on the record and we’re not telling anyone who it is.”

This sounds like a rather intriguing record to say the least. While I have the bad feeling that it is probably going to sound like every other Foo Fighters record of the past decade or more, maybe I'll be pleasantly proved wrong. I really hope I am because this sounds like a pretty cool idea if it comes out the right way. As for what pop star is on the record, I'm rather curious about that as well. I honestly can't say for sure who it could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment