Saturday, June 10, 2017

Alice Cooper Releases Single "Paranoiac Personality"



It's been a while since shock rock godfather Alice Cooper put out any new original music. Last time was 2011's Welcome 2 My Nightmare, a sequel to his 1975 solo debut. Now though, Cooper is giving us a taste of what his upcoming album Paranormal (due out July 28th on earMUSIC Records) with a tune called Paranoiac Personality.

It's a fairly solid track, but honestly I wouldn't really consider it anything to write home about. It feels like a lot of what you have already heard before. In fact, the opening bass line greatly resembles Ozzy Osbourne's 1981 classic Believer. That said, it's still something you can bang your head to. It has a bit of a Hendrix-y vibe to it so that paired with Cooper's singing and Twilight Zone-esque lyrics makes for an interesting time.

That said, I'm looking forward more to the rest of the album. Honestly, when it comes to Alice Cooper albums I'm usually not too big a fan of the initial single. It's the rest of the album that draws me in and sells me. Plus, since three tracks on this album have what is left of his original band from the early 70's I'm sure there will be at least one or two tunes on there that will absolutely kick ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment