Saturday, December 19, 2015
Scott Weiland Died of Drug Overdose
Former Stone Temple Pilots and Velvet Revolver singer Scott Weiland died weeks ago (December 3rd), leaving many people incredibly heart broken. Now after an investigation and autopsy of the singer's body, it has been confirmed that Weiland died of a drug overdose.
Weiland was found on his tour bus in Bloomington, MN having died from a combination of cocaine, ethanol and the amphetamine MDA having stopped his heart. Weiland had a history of cardiovascular disease, as well as asthma and multi-substance dependence according to the medical examiner.
Police had found cocaine on Weiland's band The Wildabouts tour bus in bassist Tommy Black's bunk. The bassist was subsequently arrested for the discovery.
All that said, maybe it's time rock stars and celebrities start re-examining how they party or just deal with their problems. If after all these decades people still haven't realized that drugs are not the way to go for either of those things then maybe we as a human race are sort of failing to a certain extent.