Thursday, May 25, 2017

Vicky Karayiannis, Wife of Chris Cornell Pens Open Letter to Late Husband



Ever since Chris Cornell, singer for Soundgarden and Audioslave passed away last week due to suicide, countless people have taken the loss immensely hard. Most of all, Cornell's wife Vicky Karayiannis to no one's surprise or blame. To ease her sorrow, she penned and shared an open letter to her late husband for all the world to see.

The letter in its entirety can be read below:

"To My Sweet Christopher,

You were the best father, husband and son-in-law. Your patience, empathy and love always showed through.

You had always said I saved you, that you wouldn’t be alive if it were not for me. My heart gleamed to see you happy, living and motivated. Excited for life. Doing everything you could to give back. We had the time of our lives in the last decade and I’m sorry, my sweet love, that I did not see what happened to you that night. I’m sorry you were alone, and I know that was not you, my sweet Christopher. Your children know that too, so you can rest in peace.

I’m broken, but I will stand up for you and I will take care of our beautiful babies. I will think of you every minute of every day and I will fight for you. You were right when you said we are soulmates. It has been said that paths that have crossed will cross again, and I know that you will come find me, and I will be here waiting.

I love you more than anyone has ever loved anyone in the history of loving and more than anyone ever will.

Always and forever,

Your Vicky"

That is honestly one of the most touching letters I have read in quite some time. It was straight and to the point; and honestly I think that is why it is so potent. The love unbound by time or mortal life emanating from this woman's words is something you really don't see too often any more. I'm not sure you ever did. I hope for her and her children's sake that the pain becomes at least easier to deal with as time goes on. Karayiannis seems like a remarkable person and deserves that peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment