Thursday, May 18, 2017

Deacon, Son of Late Glenn Frey to Play With The Eagles



Ever since the passing of the late Eagles guitarist Glenn Frey, many fans have wondered whether or not the band would continue with Frey's son Deacon Frey playing in his father's stead. Speculation has now been confirmed that this will in fact be happening, especially since they have festival dates in LA and New York this coming July.

Even though Don Henley had previously denied that such a thing would be happening, in a recent interview with KTCK radio station (via Billboard), the band changed their minds. In the interview he goes into detail on the decision, saying:

“There’s going to be an official announcement in a few days, but let’s just do it here.

Glenn’s son Deacon is a very talented young man, and he seems to be up for the task. He’s enthusiastic about it and he’s been working real hard on it, and he’s gonna do it with us. And I think that’s appropriate.

There’s an old system both in Eastern and Western culture called the guild system, where the father is the master and the son is the apprentice.

The trade, the craft, the business is handed down from father to son. I think it’s the only appropriate way to carry on. I don’t think I’d do it otherwise. Since it’s Glenn’s blood, it’s his son, I think that’s appropriate.”

Personally I think The Eagles should still call it a day considering what all has happened, but if they are going to carry on then I do agree that it is appropriate that Deacon fill his father's post. I doubt he will sound the same, but then again I'd be disappointed if he did. As iconic as Glenn was, Deacon should still have his own way of playing these songs. We'll see how it all goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment