Saturday, September 13, 2014

Miley Cyrus Covers Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, by Led Zeppelin

Pop "artist" Miley Cyrus has been known for doing radical out there kind of things. Seems she has done it again, but not in the way you think this time. This time she has decided to take a stab at attempting to cover Led Zeppelin classic song Babe I'm Gonna Leave You.

Honestly, I'm quite shocked that she would make such a move. I never would have seen her covering Led Zeppelin of all bands. She released the cover earlier today on Soundcloud. It sounds REALLY lo-fi. I'm guessing that was probably on purpose so that she could attempt to capture the same vibe of the original. However, I think she goes a little too far with it because even Led Zeppelin's recordings sounded cleaner than that back in the late 60's.

As much as I hate to admit it and wanted to hate the cover because of who did it, I didn't. Believe me, I am FAR from being a fan of Miley Cyrus. Objectively speaking however while Miley didn't do anything new or original with it, it still sounded pretty damn good. In this case it's probably for the best. It's best not to tamper with perfection. She doesn't have the best voice, but it still worked in this instance.

Maybe if Miley Cyrus could keep her tongue in her mouth and stop being such a tramp I might respect her a bit more as a singer. She clearly does have at least a bit of talent and could do some great things with it if she went in the right direction.

Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, by Led Zeppelin as covered by Miley Cyrus

No comments:

Post a Comment