Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Jack White Recording New Solo Album



Third Man Records leader and former White Stripes front man Jack White has been rather quiet for a while, until now. White has confirmed that he is now in the process of recording a brand new solo album, his third one and a follow-up to 2014's Lazaretto. He posted two pictures on Twitter with his band: one in New York on July 27th and one on July 30th in Los Angeles.

This isn't the first that we have heard of White working on new music, though. Back in March, he did an interview with The New Yorker (via Consequence of Sound) where he talked about the process, saying:

"I set up shop in a small Nashville apartment where I recorded on a reel-to-reel tape recorder that I bought when I was fourteen with money I made mowing lawns. My goal was to try to write songs where I can’t be heard by the next-door neighbor. And I want to write like Michael Jackson would write — instead of writing parts on the instruments or humming melodies, you think of them. To do everything in my head and to do it in silence and use only one room.”

Kind of seems like White is REALLY going back to his roots for this new album. Even if it doesn't sound like The White Stripes he still as a young man recorded on that reel to reel with just the simplest of implements and methods. Maybe in some way he is trying to recapture that old spark he had as a younger musician? Regardless, I'm sure whatever White comes up with will be extraordinary as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment