Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Former Journey Singer Steve Perry to Release New Album This Year



Iconic former Journey singer Steve Perry hasn't released any new music since 1996 when he temporarily got back together with his former band to do the album Trial By Fire and hasn't put out a solo album since 1994's For the Love of Strange Medicine. Aside from a small handful of appearances at baseball games and appearances with The Eels Perry for the most part has stayed out of music. All that is about to change this year however when he releases a brand new studio album.

In an interview with ABC Radio Perry discusses the process of writing the album and the events that inspired and surrounded it, saying:

“I met someone and I fell in love with this person. And I lost this person to breast cancer four years ago. In the midst of that, I had written some songs, and before I met her I had sketched some. And so about a year ago, I started recording.
 
It’s been a real cathartic experience going back to that emotional place that I thought I would never go back to. And we really have been doing our very best to capture what I think are some timeless songs.”
 
I'm glad that Perry is able to go back to his true passion and use it as a way to help him deal with a lot of the things life has tossed him the past couple decades. His fans sure have missed him. I'm curious to hear what kind of music he will be putting out after such a long absence from the world of rock n' roll. Odds are it will probably be something more meaningful and complex than the kind of top 40 stuff we're used to out of him. Regardless, I look forward to hearing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment