Friday, December 9, 2016

Black Sabbath Guitarist Tony Iommi Has Surgery Scheduled to Remove Throat Lump



Black Sabbath guitarist and godfather of heavy metal Tony Iommi has been through Hell and back with the lymphoma he was diagnosed with a few years back. Though it is in remission and he feels fine at the moment however, he received news recently that he has a lump in the back of his throat and has scheduled surgery to have it removed.

In an interview with Irish Times, Iommi says that the doctors aren't taking any chances with the growth being cancerous or not. He explains, saying:

“I went for a check four weeks ago and the doctor said that at the moment there is no activity where I had the cancer before, but there is activity in the throat. When I get back to England, I have to have an operation to remove this thing at the back of my nose.”

Hopefully for Iommi's sake the growth is not cancerous or that if it is they manage to get to it in time before it can spread any more cancer cells to the rest of the body and cause problems. It would be a shame to lose such a talented metal titan considering he probably still could have some decent years to come despite the battle with lymphoma. I'd love to see him do all sorts of collaborations with former Black Sabbath band mates once Black Sabbath calls it a day once and for all.

1 comment:

  1. I'd like to see Sabbath in concert, just once. Before they call it a night or a day. I've been a fan since high school, "Paranoid" starting it all for me. I love their music, always will. When I heard this, it made me sad. But hearing that they might be able to get to it in time, fills me with hope that he'll beat it like he did lymphoma

    ReplyDelete