Friday, December 2, 2016

Ace Frehley Returning to Kiss for Final Tour a Possibility



Over the years it has been no secret that founding Kiss lead guitarist Ace Frehley has had some major spats with his former band mates Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley. However, Frehley insists that especially his relationship with Stanley is quite good (especially since Stanley contributed to Frehley's recent solo album Origins Vol. 1) and he would never say never to reuniting with his old band if they did a farewell tour.

In a recent interview on Sirius XM he was asked if a reunion with the band was ever at all a possibility for a final tour, he says:

“Rumours are rumours. I haven’t been contacted. I’m not ruling it out. It’s a possibility. If that’s something they would like to do to end the career of Kiss, if it was handled correctly, it could be great.

Those guys run the show these days. I’m doing my thing and they’re doing their thing. If it happens it would be great. If it doesn’t I’ll be fine and they’ll be fine.”

Personally I don't see Kiss doing anything even remotely close to a final tour any time in the foreseeable future. Gene will definitely want to keep milking that cash cow for as long as he can stand on his own two feet and put on all the make-up and stage outfits. Plus, they really don't show any signs of slowing down at all at this point. That said, Frehley returning to the band in any capacity (even if only for a song or two on stage once in a blue moon) would be epic and rad. That said however, I'm not holding my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment