Saturday, March 5, 2016

Steven Tyler Jabs Back at Joe Perry



It would seem that Aerosmith lead singer Steven Tyler has taken note of his band mate lead guitarist Joe Perry's pot shot at him recently regarding his decision to make a country album and has publicly given a response.

Perry and Tyler have notoriously had a rocky relationship for decades now, so it comes as absolutely no surprise that they have things to say about one another and the things that they choose to pursue outside of Aerosmith.

In an interview with TMZ Tyler says:

"Jealousy runs deep in this family. He's doing what he's doing and I do what I do."

Perry originally said:

"If I didn't know him when I heard the song I'd go, 'It's okay, next.' I'm not going to say anything else about that. Steven is in Nashville doing whatever he's doing. He's got a rhinestone cowboy hat going 'Yippee ki yay.' I don't know what else to say about that."

 Perry's comment was made just after the first single from Tyler's upcoming solo album The Red, White, and You came out back in January. To me it just sounds like both of them are being rather petty. If Tyler wants to do some solo stuff, let him. I get that the band is frustrated for a tour being cancelled, but still. Plus, Perry really has NO room to talk about doing solo stuff when on at least two occasions he has done his own thing with The Joe Perry Project and countless other artists.

No comments:

Post a Comment