Friday, August 1, 2014

Vivian Campbell Announces His Cancer is Gone Once Again


After a second prognosis of remission of his cancer, Def Leppard and former Whitesnake and Dio guitarist Vivian Campbell is feeling quite optimistic, though he understands he is not out of the woods just yet.

In a recent post on Facebook, Campbell said, “I’m currently in Boston and I did a scan on Tuesday morning. The scan shows that the cancer is in remission. Great news, but I’m trying not to get too excited about it, as I heard that same phrase late last year — only to be disappointed again a few months after when it returned.”

Cambell had his first remission prognosis for his Hodgkin's lymphoma fall of last year. He is still undergoing chemo along with other forms of cancer treatment once he concludes the tour Def Leppard is currently doing with Kiss.

Campbell continued his statement by saying, “The plan is to do a stem-cell transplant as soon as the tour is finished. However, to keep me in remission, my doctors have recommended that I do another, third round of the chemo, so I’m back in hospital, all hooked up and doing my rock ‘n’ roll drugs. Keef would be most proud!”

It looks like Campbell is taking a fairly healthy approach to his treatment. It can't be easy to be in his shoes, even with the cancer in remission. All we can do now is hope for the best for this guitar shredding legend.

No comments:

Post a Comment