Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Alice Cooper to Release Concert DVD of 2013 Wacken Performance



Seems that the godfather of shock rock Alice Cooper will soon be releasing a brand new live DVD/CD combo of his August 3, 2013 performance at the annual Wacken Open Air Festival that takes place in Wacken, Germany.

This package of gruesome will be packed with a total of 22 songs, three of which will be covers. In this case he has Break on Through, by The Doors, My Generation, by The Who, and Another Brick in the Wall, by Pink Floyd. A pretty interesting choice in covers if I do say so myself. I've heard him do part of Another Brick in the Wall while blended with School's Out at both the shows I've seen him perform and it worked out surprisingly well. However, I'm more curious to hear his take on Break on Through and My Generation. Those have GOT to be something else.

Portions of the profits from this upcoming package will be going to help fund the Wacken Foundation, an organization that helps fund up and coming heavy metal and hard rock bands. Sounds cool to me because it would be great to see undiscovered talent rise to the stardom they deserve.

Raise the Dead – Live from Wacken Track Listing

1. ‘Hello Hooray’
2. ‘House of Fire’
3. ‘No More Mr. Nice Guy’
4. ‘Under My Wheels’
5. ‘I’ll Bite Your Face Off’
6. ‘Billion Dollar Babies’
7. ‘Caffeine’
8. ‘Department of Youth’
9. ‘Hey Stoopid’
10. ‘Dirty Diamonds’
11. ‘Welcome to My Nightmare’
12. ‘Go to Hell’
13. ‘He’s Back (The Man Behind the Mask)’
14. ‘Feed My Frankenstein’
15. ‘Ballad of Dwight Fry’
16. ‘Killer’
17. ‘I Love the Dead’
18. ‘Break on Through’
19. ‘My Generation’
20. ‘I’m Eighteen’
21. ‘Poison’
22. ‘School’s Out’ / ‘Another Brick in the Wall’

No comments:

Post a Comment