Thursday, September 10, 2015

Chickenfoot Not Over Yet?

 
Looks like we haven't seen the last of Chickenfoot, the super group consisting of former Montrose, Van Halen, and solo singer Sammy Hagar, former Van Halen bassist and backing vocalist Michael Anthony, Red Hot Chili Peppers drummer Chad Smith, and guitar virtuoso Joe Satriani.

After some serious push from Satriani it seems the band is working on a new song (their first new material since 2011's release Chickenfoot III) together according to Satriani in a recent interview with GuitCast, saying:

“It was really bothering me and I still, philosophically, just felt like there was a really big disconnect there. When I started speaking my mind, I think I realized I rattled some feathers there in the ‘Foot camp. I sent Sam some stuff, and I was surprised to see him respond so quickly with some creative ideas. And I can happily tell you now that there is a track that is circulating through the band. It’s got new drums from Chad on it, it’s got new vocals from Sam, and I think Mike is coming at the end of this week to add bass and vocals.”

The reason for such a long hiatus from Chickenfoot is that Hagar felt that with the music buying market dwindling and Chickenfoot not being a big selling band it wasn't worth the time, money, and effort to make another album or do another tour. Seems Satriani's pushing however may have changed his mind. Hopefully a full new album can come from this because it would be a shame to see such an awesome fun band just vanish.

No comments:

Post a Comment