Thursday, July 23, 2015

Motley Crue Guitarist Mick Mars Doesn't Think You'll Like Him


Motley Crue guitarist Mick Mars feels that once the band's final tour comes to a close he still has a lot to prove to the world despite the fact that his band is one of the most successful bands to ever exist. He feels that no one likes him and that they think he can't play guitar.

Mars says in an interview with Classic Rock Magazine:

“I feel like I’m the most unpopular person on the planet. Everyone says I can’t play the guitar – I’d like them to know that I can. Nobody can play like Jeff Beck. Nobody can play like Jimi Hendrix, though a lot of people try. And nobody can play like me.”

Once Motley Crue's final tour ends Mars will be working on his first solo album. Mars says it will be hard rock but further elaborates by saying “It’s tough to categorize. It’s not metal. It’ll make your hair fly back in the breeze.”

Personally I'm stoked to hear what Mick Mars's album will sound like. I have always felt that he is one of the most criminally under rated guitar players of all time. The guy has serious chops. The Motley Crue records prove that much. However, given that he has some very old school influences such as Jimi Hendrix, Jeff Beck, Eric Clapton, Mike Bloomfield, etc. I'm curious to see what kinds of stuff he will pull off outside the context of Motley Crue. Either way, I'm sure plenty of people will like it and him in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment