Friday, July 24, 2015

Keith Richards Talks New Rolling Stones Album

 

It's been over 10 years since the last time The Rolling Stones recorded a full new album. However, according to guitarist Keith Richards it seems like the ball with a new album may finally be rolling.

This will be the band's first release since 2005's A Bigger Bang. In the mean time Richards is working on writing and recording a solo album Crosseyed Heart.

Richards says that singer Mick Jagger has been the one rallying the troops to get a new album in the works, saying:

“Will we record and tour again? I think we will. We’ll do this year, then go into the studio. I know Mick wants to record again – he blurted it out in a meeting: ‘It’s about time we went back and recorded.’ I was like, ‘We’re here to talk about a tour, right?’ So that will be interesting. End of the year.”

In addition to the songs Richards has been working on for his solo album he also has stuff for a new Stones album. “I’ve got a lot of new songs, and songs I’ve written over the last couple of years. I’ve done really good demos for all of them, which I would love to record. I’d love to record a Stones album.”

Hopefully the Stones have some good stuff in the pipeline if they do go forward with recording a new album. 10 years is plenty of time to come up with stuff that is actually good. A new album would actually make them a bit more fresh and relevant again rather than just being a non-stop touring legacy act like they have been for decades now. We'll just see how this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment