Friday, November 28, 2014

Ozzy Osbourne Contemplates Knighthood




Ozzy Osbourne has accomplished many astounding things in his life. Considering some of his antics and habits it's amazing that he has done/achieved even half of them. However, he is now mulling over one particular honor that still eludes him: knighthood. Osbourne was recently asked about it when an online campaign to get Osbourne knighted was mentioned in an interview with Time Out Dubai. Osbourne says:

“I’ve heard about that. Getting knighted? I can’t imagine anything better. And my wife would become a Lady, which would be pretty cool. But I’m not gonna get upset if it doesn’t happen. I never thought I’d get further than [my childhood hometown of] Aston.”

Even if Osbourne doesn't achieve knighthood (which I personally doubt he will, as much as I am a fan of his), he still has many wonderful things going on in his life currently, such as having reunited with Black Sabbath a few years back. From there he has recorded a new album with them (13) and gone on tour with them. Due to the success of that the band will be doing one more album and one more tour.

I still think that the idea of "Sir Ozzy" would be a weird thing to have come off of one's tongue. He may be a decent guy these days but somehow I don't see him fitting the bill of knight. If anything, he has spent most of his life doing the exact opposite things that would constitute proper behavior for one. However, crazier things have happened so it's not entirely out of the realm of possibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment