Saturday, July 26, 2014

Ace Frehley Talking of Soon to Be Released Book


In a recent interview with Rock Pit to promote his solo album that comes out next month: Space Invader, former Kiss lead guitarist Ace Frehley has revealed plans for writing and releasing another autobiography to follow up his 2011 release No Regrets.

On the subject of the book, Frehley says:

“I don’t believe in bashing people, I don’t believe in a lot of negativity, so most of the stories in the book are going to be about me, funny stories and funny situations on the road, all stories about me in the Bronx growing up, and so on and so forth. There wasn’t much in the first book about the Frehley’s Comet years, and there’s plenty of stories along those lines, there’s still plenty of Kiss stories, and plenty of stories of me growing up. I probably have enough stories for five books.”

I find it a bit ironic that Frehley says that he doesn't believe in a lot of negativity or bashing people, considering some of the comments he has made in the press recently such as: "I blow Tommy Thayer (current Kiss lead guitarist) off the stage. (source)". Considering that and various other statements of that nature he has made in the press over the years about the current Kiss line-up and his former band mates, it seems a bit hypocritical for Frehley to be saying he doesn't believe in negativity or bashing people.

Frehley has not given any indication as to when the book will be released, but he did give the impression that it would not take too long. “Every day I wake up and I remember something else that I completely forgot about. You know, I just turned 63; I’ve lived a lot in my life. The latest thing was I was just talking to my fiancee, Rachel, about the time I went over to John McEnroe’s house, the famous tennis player, and I remembered something. I’ll have to give John a call and document it for my next book.”

It should be interesting to hear more of what Frehley remembers and what kind of perspective he will offer in it despite him not always practicing what he preaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment