Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Elton John to Retire from Touring



There seems to be a massive wave of artists deciding to hang it up and call it a day lately. Many of them are the ones that actually made an impact unlike a lot of today's bands and artists. The latest addition to the list of farewells is none other than Sir Elton John.

In a recent press conference John announced that his priorities are changing and that being on the road is getting to be more and more tiring and distracting, saying:

"My priorities have changed in life, but we had children and that changed our lives. ... My priorities now are my family and my husband. I thought the time is right to say thank you to all of my fans and then to say goodbye. That doesn't mean I won't be creative, but I'm not gonna travel anymore."

The tour will be titled the Farewell Yellowbrick Road Tour and will go for about three years. After that, John will be hanging up his sparkly coat and enjoying a well deserved retirement.

I can't say I blame Elton for wanting to retire from the road, especially at his age after everything he has managed to achieve. There does come a point where you should spend what time you have left enjoying time with the ones who matter most to you. He definitely has reached that and deserves to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment