Thursday, November 17, 2016

New Rolling Stones Album Brought Keith Richards and Mick Jagger Closer Together



Rolling Stones stars Keith Richards and Mick Jagger have been notorious in the media for  not always getting along. In fact, some times the two have gotten downright nasty with one another. However, according to Richards the new blues covers album Blue & Lonesome has brought the two of them closer together than ever before.

In a recent interview with Rolling Stone, Richards discusses the true nature of his relationship with his long time band mate and friend Jagger, saying:

“I love the man. That doesn’t mean I can’t get pissed off occasionally, and I have no doubt it goes the other way around. But you have to forgive and forget, and also I would say that 89 percent of the time we’re in total agreement. But people only hear about the 11 percent, you know, where it flares up.”

 Richards further goes on to talk about how if the band was always in perfect harmony and equilibrium, we wouldn't get any of the music we know and love from them, saying:

“What would the Stones be without it?. If you had the perfect machine and everybody in total agreement, you’d probably be fairly bland.  …  It’s amazing we’re both alive. I celebrate Mick’s life. He’s always five months older than me!”

I'm not entirely surprised that it's tension that drives the band to do the amazing things it's done. Some of the greatest music we ever had came from internal band tension, like with: Judas Priest, Fleetwood Mac, Guns N' Roses, Aerosmith, The Beatles, etc. I'm just glad that at the end of the day Richards and Jagger know what is most important and realize that fun is what making music is really all about.

1 comment:

  1. Thank God for that. I love this band's music. I have my stepdad to thank for introducing their music to me.

    ReplyDelete