Sunday, January 24, 2016

Tommy Stinson on Why He Left Guns N' Roses



With the recent reunion of Slash and Duff McKagan with their former band Guns N' Roses after nearly two decades, bassist Tommy Stinson who was bassist from 1999-2015 has opened up about why he left the band.

In an interview with the Current, Stinson says:

“I think everyone kind of knows where I stand with it all. I left it in a good way. I mean, roughly, I actually had to just start turning down tours because I was unable to tour; I got into a position, personally, where my personal life was going to prevent me from doing, I don’t know — it must have been about five tours that they called me to do, and I just said I can’t do ’em […] I think Axl {Rose] got to the position where he was, like, ‘Okay, so what am I going to do now? ‘Cause I don’t have a band. Blah blah blah.'”

Back in September Stinson said in an interview that he wanted the original Guns N' Roses to get back together, citing from his own experience with his reunion with his band The Replacements, saying:

“I think it worked out. And I think they’ll have fun. It will be a healing thing for ’em, if it works out good. It will be good for them.”

It's good to see that Stinson is keeping active on projects that really matter to him now that he is getting a little older. He really is a pretty damn under rated musician. He was a good fit for GN'R during the Chinese Democracy years. That said however, I'm STOKED to see the old line-up getting back together after all this time. I never dreamed it would happen and it finally did. It's a good time to be a Guns N' Roses fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment