Friday, January 2, 2015

AC/DC Drummer Phil Rudd Vows to Get Back to Work with the Band




AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd has been in some serious hot water legally since this past November. Initially the charges were threatening to kill a contractor and his daughter, possession of marijuana and meth, and attempting to hire a hit man. The hit man charge has since been dropped, but he still faces the other two which are both quite serious.

It is unclear at the moment whether or not Rudd is still in the band. He was not present for the publicity photos for their newest album Rock or Bust as well as for the music videos for the singles Play Ball and Rock or Bust. When the band were asked up front about it they just said "the situation will probably just sort itself out".

Rudd however feels that the whole situation is "ludicrous" according to Rudd in a recent interview with ONE News. He further elaborates by saying:

“I’m going back to work with AC/DC and I don’t care who likes it or who doesn’t. This has just been a big ball of cheese and all the rats are gathering and having a piece, that’s just life, but that’s not who I am. Everyone listens to the wrong people. They should listen to me. I’m a good guy, and I’m a pretty good drummer, by the way. Ask Angus [Young]. He’ll tell you … I want my job back, I want my reputation back and I’m gonna get it back. I’m gonna f–king take it back.”

Somehow I just don't see Rudd getting behind the kit for AC/DC again any time soon if at all, considering they probably won't be playing too much longer due to founding rhythm guitarist Malcolm Young retiring due to his struggle with dementia. Plus, it would probably be REALLY bad PR to be working with a man facing such charges, even if somehow Rudd does manage to beat them. Then again, if Ozzy Osbourne can get away with all of the ridiculous things he has done and still sell records and concert tickets, who is to say Rudd can't do the same?

No comments:

Post a Comment