Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Led Zeppelin Makes Jason Bonham Change His Band's Name



For years now Jason Bonham, son of the late Led Zeppelin drummer John Bonham has been celebrating the music his father's band made with his band Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience. They draw thousands of people every year. However, things have taken an odd turn as Bonham has been forced to change the name of the band by Led Zeppelin themselves.

In a recent interview with KSHE 95, Bonham talks about what happened and his response to it, saying:

“I was like, ‘Um, okay, but I need to keep the logo, JBLZE,’. One, I have the tag on my car, and two, I have a huge backdrop that I paid for last year. For me it’s about the music. So the name of it — I just wanted to keep the logo. So I said, ‘I got it. Jason Bonham’s Led Zeppelin Evening.’ I don’t know what they have planned, but I said, ‘Okay, I will clear the way so they can do what they wish.’”

I really am wondering why Zeppelin would make Bonham change the name of the band but allow him to keep the name 'Led Zeppelin' in it. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. That said, I am curious as to whether or not it has anything to do with the band's big 50th anniversary coming up and there being some sort of big special surprise involved. I guess we'll find out in due time.

No comments:

Post a Comment