Thursday, September 29, 2016

Rainbow to Release "Memories in Rock" Concert CD/DVD Set of 2016 Shows



Fans of guitar legend Ritchie Blackmore will be getting a real treat just in time for the holidays. Those who weren't able to make it to the man in black's first rock shows in two decades will be getting a CD/DVD set of the shows performed this past summer in Germany and England by Rainbow with a new line-up of vocalist Ronnie Romero, bassist Bob Nouveau, drummer David Keith, keyboardist Jens Johanssen, and a couple of backing vocalists.

The set titled Memories in Rock will be available to the public on November 18th as a DVD/2 CD and Blu-ray/2 CD sets and will also be available in digital formats. The deluxe version of the set which will include the DVD, Blu-ray, and 2 CDs as well as a 48 page hardback book and a triple LP version will come as an import on December 2nd.

 In a BraveWords interview back in July, Blackmore talks about the set, saying:

“I noticed when they clapped, they weren’t clapping so hard for Deep Purple. They said, ‘We hear that every year,’ because Purple goes around. So the next time, if we go out and we do anything, I would do probably 95 percent Rainbow songs. That’s what they seem to want to hear. And it didn’t occur to me. I just naturally assumed they wanted to hear everything.”

Somehow I'm not surprised by this. When people go to a Rainbow show they primarily want to hear Rainbow songs. Who'da thunk it, right? I love Deep Purple songs as much as the next Ritchie Blackmore fan, but in a Rainbow setting I would want to see him do primarily Rainbow stuff too. All that aside, I'm excited to get my hands on this new line-up of Rainbow's first and probably last release.

Memories in Rock - Live in Germany Track Listing:

1. Highway Star 
2. Spotlight Kid 
3. Mistreated 
4. 16th Century Greensleeves 
5. Since You Been Gone 
6. Man on the Silver Mountain 
7. Catch the Rainbow 
8. Difficult to Cure (Beethoven’s Ninth)
9. Perfect Strangers
10. Stargazer
11. Long Live Rock ‘n’ Roll
12. Child in Time / Woman From Tokyo
13. Black Night
14. Smoke on the Water

1 comment:

  1. OOoooooooooh, not to sound not surprising or anything, but I love the Deep Purple stuff. LOVE IT!! I love "Catch the Rainbow". It gave me chills down my spine when I heard it. Such a beautiful song. When Glenn Hughes covered it on "Ronnie This is Your Life", a CD of Ronnie James Dio songs and Dio songs covered, Glenn covered one of the most famous RJD songs. So beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete