Saturday, May 23, 2015

Bill Ward Refuses to Reunite With Black Sabbath Until Ozzy Feud is Patched Up


Yesterday Black Sabbath won the Ivor Novello Award. 3/4 of the band was there to accept it; including: Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler, and original drummer Bill Ward who has not made a public appearance with the band since late 2011. Despite this appearance, you might not be seeing something like this again for some time if at all.

In an interview with NME Ward says:

“I’m in a huge dispute with Ozzy, so that doesn’t really help, and as far as I’m concerned, until that dispute is finished then I’m not gonna participate. They’ve already made an album without me [2013's 13], so I’m sure they’d go on without me playing, and that’s okay with me – I still love them just the same. I’d love to think I could [rejoin the band], but the things I’m asking for may be out of reach.”

Within the past couple of months singer Ozzy Osbourne and Ward have been having a public war of words over their official Facebook fan pages. Ward called Osbourne out on his cruel behavior toward him and made a list of demands to which Osbourne responded by calling Ward out on some of his own issues.

Black Sabbath is supposedly doing one more album and tour starting next year according to Osbourne. Butler and Iommi however are not so sure, though they both said in the same NME interview that they would like to keep on and see where things go. Both feel it would be a nice way to end and bring things full circle for the band.

Ward still seems to be on as friendly terms with Butler and Iommi as ever. Hopefully for the sake of Ward and Osbourne's friendship they can resolve their issues with one another like grown adults. Even if they don't do any more Black Sabbath work together it would be great for them to bury the hatchet. Bands and music are great, but at the end of the day friendship and brotherhood are far more important.

No comments:

Post a Comment